We’ve revived the traditional lox and cream cheese combo with a colourful rendition that features layers of crunchy and colourful accompaniments.
- 1½ cups (375 mL) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill + extra sprigs for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Bon Appé Grande Ciabatta Baguette
- 2 to 3 large radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 150 to 200 g (5-7 oz) smoked salmon slices
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) capers in brine, drained and patted dry
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- In a small bowl, add Lemon-Dill Relish ingredients and cream together until well combined.
- To assemble toasts, slice baguette in half horizontally, then cut 2-inch slices on a diagonal for about 14 pieces. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Coat toasts with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet. Cook in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Let cool.
- Spread Lemon-Dill Relish evenly on each toast. Layer each toast with remaining ingredients: radish and cucumber slices, smoked salmon and red onion (if using). Top with a couple of capers.
- Garnish with sprigs of dill and lemon wedges.
There are no customer reviews yet.
Please login to write a review or to submit a recipe