Say good morning (or afternoon or evening) with a fuel-charged bake using ciabatta rolls as a perfect perch. These nests are guaranteed to add more sunshine to your day.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups (about 4 oz/125 g) baby spinach
- 2 Bon Appé Multigrain Ciabatta Rolls, cut in half
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded part-skim Swiss cheese
- 1 large vine-ripe tomato, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook garlic until lightly golden. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Let drain and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Lay out the 4 halves on a parchment-lined baking sheet; cut out some of the bread in the centre of each half roll, being careful not to pierce bread on the bottom.
- You want to create a large enough indent to rest egg.
- Place cooked spinach around outer edges of bread and top with shredded cheese. Carefully drop egg into indented nest in the centre of each roll.
- Cook egg nests in oven for 20 minutes, or until egg whites are no longer runny.
- In the meantime, toss tomatoes and avocado with lime juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Garnish nests while warm with tomato-avocado salsa and serve.
There are no customer reviews yet.
Please login to write a review or to submit a recipe